- A visiting scholar from South Korea , Prof. Kim, Sung Jin (Department of Korean Language Education, Daegu University) will give a talk "Translation of Korean Novels and Cultural Differences" on November 5, 2014 (12:05-12:55pm, Social Science 6116).
- The Korean Language Program (KLP) is looking for volunteer Korean students for its "K-Language Buddies (한국어 도우미) Program" at UW-Madison. Volunteer students will be paired with the current Korean langauge students at the KLP for language exchange. If you are interested in joing this program, contact Prof. BJ Lim (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further information.
- The Korean language placement test (November 7, 2014, Room 1220 Van Hise, 1-3pm): The test will be an oral interview (20-25 minutes) and a short writiing in Korean (25-30 minutes). Please contact Prof. BJ Lim for further information.
- The Korean Language Table (September 15~December 1, 2014, Ingraham 206, 4-5pm): The KLP is having Korean Language Table meetings throughout the entire semester. Click here for further information.
- The UW-Milwaukee Phonetics Lab is currently looking for learners of Korean (1st and 2nd Year Korean levels) for its research project "Speech Perception, Production, and Spoken Language Processing." Click here for more information.
The Korean Language Program (KLP) at UW-Madison
The KLP is currently offering four years of Korean language instruction from beginning to advanced levels. Unfortunately, the UW-Madison does not offer a major in Korean, yet, but hopes are high because EALL and the Center for East Asian Studies (CEAS) at UW-Madison are working hard to launch a major in Korean in the near future.