- Greetings from our former KLP student, James Hillmer, currently at UCLA (Read more).
- Starting April 6, 2015, enrollment begins for FALL 2015. Here is the Korean Language Program Course Offering information.
- The Korean Students & Scholars Association, co-sponsored with East Asian Languages & Literature, Center for East Asian Studies, and Korean American Student Association, invites Prof. Juhn Ahn (University of Michigan-Ann Arbor) for the Korea Forum and University Lecture "When Crows Cry and Rain Starts to Fall: Mongols, Temples, and the Late Koryo Elite" on March 6, 2015 (Social Science 6104, 1-2:30pm).
- The 40th Test of Proficiency in Korean (TOPIK) will be administered on campus on Saturday, April 25, 2015. For further information, contact Prof. Lim (at firstname.lastname@example.org).
- As part of the Korea Foundation's global e-school initiative, the CIC e-school is offering Korean studies courses for Spring 2015: 1) Language and Society of Two Koreas (by Prof. Hang Tae Cho, University of Minnesota-Twin Cities) and 2) Language and Culture in Everyday Life: Korean and Korean Americans (by Prof. Susan Strauss, Penn State University)
- The Korean Language Program (KLP) is looking for volunteer Korean students for its "K-Language Buddies (한국어 도우미) Program" at UW-Madison. Volunteer students will be paired with the current Korean langauge students at the KLP for language exchange. If you are interested in joing this program, contact Prof. BJ Lim (email@example.com) for further information.
The Korean Language Program (KLP) at UW-Madison
The KLP is currently offering four years of Korean language instruction from beginning to advanced levels. Unfortunately, the UW-Madison does not offer a major in Korean, yet, but hopes are high because EALL and the Center for East Asian Studies (CEAS) at UW-Madison are working hard to launch a major in Korean in the near future.
13 reasons why you study Korean at UW-Madison: This is a video which the current Elementary Korean students made together with their very talented TA, Jieun Kim (김지은 선생님 감사합니다).