- The Chinese Placement Test will be given in 250 Van Hise at 1pm on November 4, 2014. Please bring your student ID and a pen when you come to take the test. (Read more)
- Owing to the support of Hanban (Confucius Institute Headquarters), Dianju Wang, a new volunteer Chinese language teacher, will come to teach Elementary Chinese (I, II) and Heritage Chinese in the Chinese Language Program during academic year 2014-2015.
- Our students won a haul of medals at the Midwest Universities Chinese Speech Contest in April 2014. (Read more)
- Prof. Rania Huntington has been awarded Scholar Grant from Chiang Ching-Kuo Foundation for time off for research in Spring 2013. (Read more)
- A new peer-reviewed international journal "International Journal of Chinese Linguistics" published by John Benjamins Publishing Company has its editorial office stationed at UW-Madison, and Prof. Hongming Zhang in EALL, Prof. Dylan Tsai (National Tsing Hua University) and Prof. Ning Yu (Pennsylvania State University) are co-editors. (Read more)
- Prof. Bei Yang has been named a MTLE fellow. (Read more)