- The placement test will be given in 250 Van Hise at 1pm on September 2 and November 4, 2014. Please bring your student ID and a pen when you come to take the test. (Read more)
- Our students won a haul of medals at the Midwest Universities Chinese Speech Contest in April 2014. (Read more)
- Prof. Rania Huntington has been awarded Scholar Grant from Chiang Ching-Kuo Foundation for time off for research in Spring 2013. (Read more)
- A new peer-reviewed international journal "International Journal of Chinese Linguistics" published by John Benjamins Publishing Company has its editorial office stationed at UW-Madison, and Prof. Hongming Zhang in EALL, Prof. Dylan Tsai (National Tsing Hua University) and Prof. Ning Yu (Pennsylvania State University) are co-editors. (Read more)
- Prof. Bei Yang has been named a MTLE fellow. (Read more)
- Owing to the support of Hanban (Confucius Institute Headquarters), Miss Mian Jiang, a new volunteer Chinese language teacher, will come to teach Elementary Chinese (I, II) and Conversation Chinese in Chinese Language Program during academic year 2013-2014, totally six sections.
- 2013 UW-Tianjin Summer Program (May 24 - August 12) has altogether 40 participants with Prof. Hongming Zhang as the director and Miss Hai Liu and Mr. Xiang Lv as the PAs.