- The Chinese Placement Test will be given in 250 Van Hise at 1pm on January 16th, 2015. Please bring your student ID and a pen when you come to take the test. (Read more)
- Starting from Fall 2015, the International Learning Community (ILC) in Adams Hall will gain its 9th language immersion program,“Zhōngwén Tiāndì” (meaning “Chinese heaven-and-earth” ) - Chinese House! (Read more)
- Hanban (National Office of Promoting Chinese) of China has decided to continue its support to Chinese Language Program of UW-Madison with a full-time lecturer (i.e. Mr. Dianju Wang) for two academic years (2014-2016) with an annual funding of $32,000.
- Our students won a haul of medals at the Midwest Universities Chinese Speech Contest in April 2014. (Read more)
- The 1st issue of International Journal of Chinese Linguistics (IJCL), published by John Benjamins Publishing Company, came out last month. IJCL’s editorial office is housed on UW-Madison campus, and Professor Hongming Zhang of EALL is its Executive Editor. For the content table of the 1st issue, check https://benjamins.com/catalog/ijchl.1.1/toc